At Thatcher | Law, our goal is to help you answer the question “Who will take care of me and my family if I can’t speak for myself?”
We focus on four ways we can help our client answer this question:
Wills, Trusts, Advance Directives
These documents answer some of the following questions:
- Who will raise my children if I can’t?
- Who will manage my finances if I can’t?
- What happens to me if I am on a respirator and can’t speak for myself?
- Who will make medical decisions for me?
- Who do I want to leave my money and property after I die?
Sometimes you need someone to step in with a lifeline when you feel like you are drowning in debt. Bankruptcy can help you if you feel like your world is spinning out of control and you
- Do you have creditors calling and harassing you?
- Are your wages being garnished?
- Are you worried your home may be foreclosed because you are behind on your mortgage payments?
- Are you worried your car may be repossessed?
Medi-Cal planning (both proactive and emergency) focuses on answering questions about protecting your assets and family if you need long term care.
- Who will take care of me if I have dementia and can’t speak for myself?
- How will I afford to pay for long term care or a nursing home?
- How can I afford long term care and still leave something to my children?
Probate and Trust Administration
After a loved one dies, we help you navigate the often complex legal requirement of probate and trust administration.